Stafford Clarke Retail Solid Fuels was originally established in 1920 formally known as the Wicklow Corn Company which consisted of companies trading in Oil and Fuel. It also supplied Animal Feed, Fertilizer and Hardware materials to the South East area of the country. In 1970 the trading companies were renamed Clarke Oil and Clarke Fuels Ltd. whose intent was to service the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford areas with Solid Fuel and Oil.
In the 1970’s Clarke Fuels Ltd bagged and distributed over 75000 tons of Coal per annum servicing householders in the south east when coal was the main source of heat in the home.
In 2004 Stafford Group (through Campus Oil Ltd.) acquired Clarke Fuels and Clarke Oil. The retail solid fuel business continued to service the loyal customer base that Clarke had built up. In 2004 the company became known as Stafford Clarke Retail. The Clarke Oil division was set up under the Stafford Groups own established Oil brand Campus Oil.
Stafford Clarke Retail continues to deliver high quality Stafford Smokeless and Bituminous Coal to your door throughout South Dublin and East Wicklow.